Monday, December 31, 2007

I Heart....



Common Cloth


I happened to catch an episode of the excellent series Ultimate Retail which featured the Toronto based designer sisters Melanie Talbot and Kristina Bozzo as they outfitted and opened their first boutique.

While the sisters state that their designs are intended for the working 20 something who wants a bit of an edge in their business ware, I think the wardrobe of women of all ages can benefit from a piece or two from their collection:



Great leather coat - love the collar!




I'd probably lose the blouse on this outfit (I like it, but for me it's a bit too young) and kick it with a sharp white or solid gray blouse.



I love this jacket - sleek and to the point! It's a jacket you'll be able to wear for the rest of your days!



Yes, yes I know - sleeveless and a bit short. But I love the simple lines and I know that there are 50+ ladies out there that can pull this one off! (And come on, you can always throw a lovely cream colored silk short sleeved shell under it!)




Great sleeve detail on this coat!



Just one of those great dresses that can take you from work to an after dinner drink in style!

Elegant edge is how I would describe their style and at a price range of $50 - $500, the line is definitely affordable.

Keep an eye on these young ladies -- I think they have quite a future ahead of them!

No comments: