Monday, December 10, 2007

Ah it's that time of year again....

Time to discuss the yes or hell no's of holiday themed clothing!

Over at youlookfab Ms. Angie asks if all the candy cane, hollyed, snowman drenched sweaters she has experienced here in the States are An American Holiday Tradition (She's a Dutch gal who has lived all over the world - so she's just askin'!)

Meanwhile over at

The Budget Fashionista Ms. Kathyrn is opening the subject to the floor:

Holiday Sweaters (and Shoes?): Yea or Nay?

Now Ms. K. asks a valid question - is there any - dignified - way to wear clothes with a holiday theme?

Now I plead guilty to wearing my share of Christmas themed items. What can I say - there's just something about the holiday that seems to fit all that is over the top.

However, now that I am older, I'm not so sure I can pull the smiling snowman thing off with out looking a lot older than I am. Let's face it - it's just not as cute as it was when I was in my 20's, 30's, etc.

But I do think there's a way to indulge in a bit of holiday dressing merriment without looking like a felt billboard:

From Eddie Bauer :



Embroidered Snowflake Turtleneck Sweater


Snowflake Half Zip Mockneck Sweater



Printed Snow Cardigan Sweater



Embroidered Snowflake Hat



Embroidered Snowflake Scarf



From J Jill:

Whimsical Fair Isle Pullover



Curly Fleece Jacket


Okay, this one isn't technically a holiday themed piece - but what a great piece to show up in for those holiday family and friends visits!

From Ulla Popken:

Embroidered Holiday Chenille Jacket



From Coldwater Creek:


Embroidered Cardigan



Holiday Lane Sweater



Birds and Berries Cardigan


Snowflower Cardigan



Winter Scene Cardigan


Okay I know, those last few are tottering perilously close to too much. But the designs and colors are clean enough that, in my opinion, they don't go over!

No comments: