Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lela Rose, Spring 2008

I'd never heard of Lela Rose prior to getting an e-mail from Payless touting her Payless line. The Payless shoes are nice looking...




But, frankly, I didn't think they were anything special. I think Abaeté line is more interesting. So I decided to check out her Spring 2008 ready to wear line to see what it was like.

I was pleasantly surprised....







(I admit that this one could be problematical if your hips aren't just right. But if the are - the tailoring on this one is amazing!)




I love the scallop work on her skirts in this collection! It's a sophisticated take on girly without the frills - I like that! It's perfect for the 50+ gal!









I've seen laser cuts used on paper goods - greeting cards, etc. - but never before on dresses. And these are simply beautiful.

On my just invented hanger rating of 1 - 5: 4 hangers to Lela R! I will definitely be looking forward to her Fall 2009 collection!

To see the full Spring 2008 collection:

Syle.com Lela Rose Spring 2008

(Sadly, Style.com did not have video of the runway show - so I won't be able to post it for this designer.)

No comments: