Sunday, September 16, 2007

Also from the InBox....

As you may know, from previous posts here, I'm a big fan of wearable art. Since for most folks that's primarily experienced via t-shirts, it becomes a somewhat tricky concept to pull off once you get up in years.

So I was intrigued when I received an e-mail from Kira Bloom the PR rept for a site called SpoonFed Art. The artist, Karin Collins, creates one of a kind pendants out of spoons, something she began as part of her art therapy for an eating disorder (Check out the LA Weekly article The Art of Spooning for an interview with the artist).

Needless to say, I had to check this out! So I took a virtual spin over to the site - and was rewarded with some very unique and colorful pieces!

Some of my favs from the site:




Bluebird - $90.00







Both of Me - $95.00





Astor - $110.00




Radiance - $90.00






Starflyer - $85.00


As you see, the prices seem to range from around $80.00 to $110.00 and each piece appears to be one of a kind - you'll see that some pendants are sold and no longer available. Note that, until the end of September 2007, they are offering free shipping on your order.

So, if you get a chance, skip on over and judge for yourself - personally, I think they are lovely!

Kudos to Ms. Karin for making something lovely from a difficult personal challenge!

No comments: