Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fashion reading....

Has been my anchor and release as I sat in so many hospital waiting rooms this summer.

So imagine my delight when I came across the following post on Styledash:

Late summer reading is fashionable

I've already finished the Tim Gunn book and plan to do a review of it here on the blog, but long story, short, I highly recommend it.

Ironically, I just received my copy of 9 Heads. I plan to post a review of it as well, but suffice it to say that it raised a delighted buzz among the staff of the bookstore - they thought it was a fabulous book, forget about the fashion!

I'm loving the list (through, of course, I don't agree with the lister's review of Tim's book, but to each their own) and I'm particularly intrigued by the following titles:

The End of Fashion: How Marketing Changed the Clothing Business Forever

I'm very interested in how the fashion business in general makes the decisions they make regarding the production and marketing of what we wear - so I'm very much looking forward to reading this one!

101 Things to Buy Before You Die

Now this one just looks like it would be plain fun - a grown-up "Wish List" book (for those of you who remember the Sears Christmas Book, you know what I mean!).

No comments: