Sunday, January 21, 2007

New Trends for Spring '07 - Elle.com Gives a Primer

Surprisingly, I found myself over at Elle.com the other day.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the Elle mag -- I find it a bit too manic. But somehow, while doing some of my fashion surfing I ended up on their web site. And what should I come across but their Spring Trends page - delightfully organized A - Z!

The reason I like this approach so much, is that when I turned my eyes back to fashion, I decided I was going to try to view every single Fall '06 collection! After more time than I care to comment on, on Style.com (Which, wonderfully, posts pictures from just about every runway show during all the major fashion weeks), I found myself on fashion overload! Everything started to look alike and I was doggone if I could determine what were the key looks for the season!

Now, admittedly, I was like a good amateur runner who had not run for sometime and then thought they could go for the New York Marathon on two weeks of training! Still as an amateur, I have to confess, I just don't have the time to try to see everything and try to determine what might be worth focusing on to freshen up the wardrobe!

That's where the beauty of the Spring Runway ABC page comes in. They break the themes of the spring collections down by the alphabet - starting with A for Anime and ending with Z for Ziggy Stardust!

I'll be checking them out and, hopefully, writing about the trends I think can be incorporated with class in a 50+ wardrobe. But go on over a take a look for yourself -- and start thinking Spring!

No comments: