Sunday, August 31, 2008

Over at....

I Want I Got...

Balenciaga Edition Fall Winter 2008 - 2009

Very interesting concept!

Balenciaga raised eyebrows during the Fall 2008 shows with their rework of the LBD:






(Personally I think it looks a bit like your dress got into a knife fight prior to you wearing it to dinner...but that's just me!)

But I think this revisiting of classic looks is even more interesing....

Balenciaga Fall 1965 - Gazar Sleeveless Dress with Ruffle



Balenciaga Fall 1967 Wool Coat with Wood Buttons and Lined with Taffeta



Balenciaga Fall 1958 - Silk Scarf with Lace Ruffles at the Edges


Balenciaga Spring 1940 - Crepe Shirt Blased with Organza


Blaenciaga Spring 1958 - Checked Wool Rounded Shape Short Jacket


Balenciaga Spring 1961 - Checked Wool Wrap over Skirt with Two Pockets



Balenciaga Spring 1966 - Double Range Crystal Necklace



Balenciaga Spring 1959 - Strass and Pearl Flower Necklace


What I find amazing and wonderful about these designs is that, through they span different eras, they could all be reproduced today as is and feel perfectly modern.

What a perfect example of classic style.

(Pics: Balenciaga.com)

No comments: