Sunday, February 17, 2008

Speaking of Spring Dresses....

As anyone who reads here fairly regularly knows, I have not in the past been a big fan of Jessica London and it's take on what plus size women want to wear. In the past it's been a sherbet heaven (or hell if you share my opinion) of too long skirts and shapeless dresses.

However, of late they have been stepping up their style...case in point...



J.L. Studio Print Dress - $59.90


When I saw this dress in the catalog, my jaw dropped - I LOVE it! The print is great playing on the floral theme that we seem to be destined to see a ton of this Spring without being too flowery. The cut of the dress is going to make the best of a plus sized lady's figure. This one is an absolute winner!




Linen Blend Cap Sleeve Dress - $39.90


Sheaths are a classic shape and this one with the empire defined waist is a great one for the plus sized woman. The length is perfect and I also love the print - it's got the animal print flavor without going Peggy Bundy on us!

Top it off with the following jacket and you can take this outfit from work right to dinner...



Modern Cropped Blazer - $39.90





J.G. Hook Pinstriped Faux Wrap Dress - $59.90



This one is sort of shirt dress meets wrap dress - but I think it works. Great for work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding selection of these dresses... Great choice!!