Sunday, July 01, 2007

Liz Claiborne, Dies at 78

I was saddened to hear that Liz Claiborne had passed away this week.


Liz Claiborne, Designer, Dies at 78



Her clothes have been a staple in my closet and my sister's for many years now. Even my sister, who will proudly tell you that she is no fashionista, commented on the news that "this is a sad day".

Her clear good taste, understanding of women's bodies (her clothes skim your body just right), rock solid basics and her determination to sell those clothes at prices women can afford has been a blessing to my closet and I'm sure to the closet of many, many others.

In a world where good taste, good style and good common sense are becoming rapidly diminished commodities, Ms. Liz C. will be sorely missed.

My condolences to her family and friends.

No comments: