Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sigh! I guess the whole yellow thing...

Is not going to go away as a trend for Spring!

Personally, I'm NOT a huge fan of the color - when I was younger too much of it made me nauseous! But it appears it is one of the "IT" colors for this Spring - and I must admit that, in the right proportions, it can give a sunny kick to your outfit!

As I do not, at my age at any rate, feel the need to look like a de-striped bumble-bee by wearing an entire yellow outfit, I decided that the best way to take advantage of this trend was with an accessory. So I surfed around and found a few I thought were promising:

Handbags:




Isaac Mizrahi for Target® Flap Bag with Buckle - Grainy Yellow - $16.99


Cute and not to pricey - easy to throw into the back of the closet once the whole yellow thing is over!




Mustard Round Hobo - $45.00


Okay, mustard is cheating a bit - but the bag is cute and the subtler color can easily carry over into fall!



Buti
Tulip - Orange & Yellow Leather Buckled Strap Tote - $499.00


What can I say - I just plain love this bag! It's percentage of yellow is just right! (Yes, I wish the price was better, as in cheaper - but I guess sometimes you really do get what you pay for!)


Shoes:

For those of us who need to keep their feet more or less on the ground:






Chinese Laundry LANDYS DOT CANVAS - YELLOW - $59.00




Seychelles 'Social Climber' Flat - $64.95







Diba Kitten Flat - $82.95





For those who can reach a bit higher:



BC Mesh Wedge - $58.00









Ada by Frye - $165.00





Chariot by Delman - $175.00







Seychelles "And the Winner Is" Yellow Patent Leather Pump - $79.99




And if you can still handle the height - good on ya!:



Aldo URSA - $69.99





Marc by Marc Jacobs - $328.95



Now for those of you who, like me, are not big yellow fans - but don't mind sporting a bit of the sunshine color:





Ballroom by Bettye Muller - $295.00





Canvas Printed Wedge - $48.00






:
Dolce Vita Braided Slingback - $78.00





Gazebo by Bettye Muller - $375.00



I'm sure there are a bunch of belts and babbles as well that you can slip on to give a bit of sunshine to your spring outfit - and if I come across any that look promising I'll post them!



Meanwhile, this lot should give you a good start! Enjoy!

No comments: