Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Books!

From two of my favorite style authors....




Style Evolution: How to Create Ageless Personal Style in Your 40s and Beyond



Kendall Farr is the author of the classic The Pocket Stylist: Behind-the-Scenes Expertise from a Fashion Pro on Creating Your Own Look (Which if you don't own a copy, you're nuts!). I'm looking forward to more knowledgeable info from her focusing on the plus 40 woman - I'm sure I will not be disappointed!


And the bounty continues! From the wonderful Sherrie Mathieson:




Steal This Style: Moms and Daughters Swap Wardrobe Secrets



As much as I love Sherrie's previous book, Forever Cool: How to Achieve Ageless, Youthful, and Modern Personal Style
, I have to admit, when I first saw the sub-title of this one (Moms and Daughters Swap Wardrobe Secrets), it gave me pause.

But the more I thought about it, the more I felt that this is just the kind of book we 50+ gals can benefit from - whether we have younger women (daughters, step-daughters, daughters-in-law, nieces, god-daughters)in our lives or not! So often we either: 1. Over do the "I can dress young too!" thing or 2. We totally disregard the clothes our younger compatriots wear, thinking "I'm too old for that" and start looking for "old lady" clothes!

I'm looking forward to reading both these offerings! (And yes, once I do, I will be posting reviews!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am here via Simple Elegance and want to say I love your blog. I am 45 and love fashion, so finding fashion blog for woman my age rocks! Thanks and I am looking forward to reading more here!
Tracy