Saturday, October 07, 2006

My newest bag.....

As I said in an earlier post, I unfortunately did not have 200+ bucks to drop on a Kate Spade - even on sale! (It looks like SOMEBODY did through -- when I checked the Kate Spade sale page the next day there was not a one of the bags I liked left!). However, I did have 60 bucks...And I did buy a purse!

Of course there is a story to this purchase (Isn't there always for any purchase?)...

In the past, I was not a big fan of wristlets. If there was a reason, it was probably because I didn't see it as a legitimate purse -- after all what the heck can be carried in that little thing?

My pride, however, was brought low when I purchased a couple of pairs of pants that do not have pockets (through I could have sworn when I ordered them that the description said with pockets!).

Now, I'm not a person for pocketless pants, but I came to love these - and that left me with a quandary - where do I carry my stuff when I make those short trips during the day, far enough to need money and/or keys on me, not far enough to need to carry a purse.

The answer - a wristlet that came with a loved Franklin Covey tote bag I was carrying at the time.

You know the rest -- I fell in love - and hard - with the whole wristlet thing!

I decided that I'd like to get a black one (the wristlet that came with the tote is blue) so I thought I'd splurge a bit and spend around 50 - 60 bucks to buy a Coach.

But then I was in my local Franklin Covey to get a refill for my binder -- and what should I see but a black hobo tote! And, as it is with the Franklin totes, it had a wristlet (Or as Anna Johnson charmingly describes it in her wonderful book, Handbags: The Power of the Purse "a satellite (or dinghy) bag") that came with the bag.

The cost for the pair? About $60.00 on sale!

Hummm....$60.00 for a leather wristlet - or $60.00 for a leather bag AND a wristlet -

I brought the bag of course!

Here's the new ship of state with the "dinghy":

Franklin Covey Tote and Wristlet


Here's the inside. I'm not usually one for pink, but it does work well with black. And I love the little detail of the dragonfly print, continuing the dragonfly motif from the enamel charm on the purse, in a pale almost mint green.




Now I know that most women don't think Franklin Covey when they go handbag shopping. But over the past few years, they have developed an excellent line of business totes - ostensibly to carry your binder, pda, cell phone, etc. But this is my second one, and I find that they make great, durable and good looking bags in general. And you can often find very nice ones on sale. So if you have a Covey near by, check them out -- you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find!

No comments: